A North London local Authority is looking for a Social Worker to join their Adults Social Services based in North London. You will be part of the Mental Health Team and have the passion and ability to work with adults experiencing mental health difficulties. The team's Mental Health Social Workers coordinate with a wider multi-disciplinary team to ensure the holistic needs of service users are met. This is for a full-time, permanent position.
- 30 Days Annual Leave Plus Bank Holidays.
- Flexible Working.
- Excellent Pension Scheme.
- Training Opportunities.
- Career Progression.
- Work with individuals and families in an outcome focused way using a Strength Based approach.
- Work with service user and carers in times of crisis.
- Manage a caseload of varied complexity.
- Work within, and advocate for, principles of non-discriminatory practice to ensure equality of assess for service users with mental health difficulties to mainstream provision where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain links with professionals from other services and sectors of the community.
- Be current and up to date with knowledge of research, policies, and best practice.
- To be willing to contribute to the smooth running of the team and support team development.
- Work to the highest of professional standards so that service users can live more independent and fulfilling lives.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- A Recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW/CSS or equivalent).
- A valid registration with Social Work England.
- Significant experience working with Adults with Mental Health difficulties.
- Excellent understanding of the Care Act 2014, Mental Health Act 1983 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
£36,617-£47,857 per annum
Please follow the instructions on the website, or alternatively contact Tom McKenna on 07587 031 100 for more information and please be sure to leave your contact details.
If this isn't the exact role you're looking for, but you are looking for other Social Work, please get in touch to find out other opportunities.