- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary £34721 - £45306 per annum + Amazing retention payments
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameDavid Walsh
A southwest Local Authority are looking for Qualified Social Workers to join their Family Safeguarding service. It has been rated 'Good' by Ofsted and are continually improving the service they provide.
They have implemented the Family Safeguarding Model in 2022, a new multi-disciplinary approach that supports a whole system change to child protection for children up to adolescence, focusing on supporting the needs of children and adults so that children can safely remain within their families. This is a great opportunity to join and be part of this pioneering work as they continue to learn from multi agency family work and support more families to look after their children in their families and wider communities. The service provides support via a new Family Safeguarding model that is a strength-based approach involving the use of motivational interviewing. Teams are also multi-disciplinary and include social workers, family support practitioners, and adult specialist workers.
Benefits for you as a Qualified Social Worker:
- £3000 "golden hello" payment after one year's service
- Retention payments of £2000 after completing two years' service and a further £2000 after three years' service
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria applies)
- Competitive salaries
- Hybrid working
- Generous annual leave entitlement
Your responsibilities as a Qualified Social Worker:
- To provide statutory support to with children and families, which includes information and advice, assessment, support planning and safeguarding.
- Comply with legal frameworks for social care in line with personalisation principles, which aim to put individuals, families and communities at the heart of care and wellbeing.
- To have a well-developed understanding of assessment, support planning and the management of risks for individuals and to be able to apply Council policy and procedures
- When working with families recognise monitor and assess risk, escalating issues to managers in a timely manner.
- Write assessments and reports as required and give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
Requirements of you as a Qualified Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A Social Work England registration
- Post qualification experience in Children's Social Work
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Salary: up to £45,306 d.o.e + Amazing Retention payments
If this role is not what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!