- Posted 17 May 2023
- Salary £35360 - £41000 per annum + Amazing Benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work , Fostering
- Contact NameDavid Walsh
A Charity with a 'Good' Ofsted rating are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their Family Placement team. This is a permanent position.
This is a Social Worker role in their Family Placement service (Fostering & Adoption) and is responsible for providing a social work service to foster carers/adopters and children/young people to ensure that the best outcomes for children and young people is achieved at all times in line with all statutory and regulatory requirements, alongside their policies and procedures. The role will also contribute to the development of the service by working collaboratively with Family Placement colleagues undertaking such activities as recruitment and training and supporting the wider Family Placement agenda.
Benefits for you as a Family Placement Social Worker:
- Manageable Caseloads
- A great work life balance and work culture
- Training and support from managers
- Competitive Salary
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years service
- The ability to buy up to another 5 days annual leave via our HolidayPlus scheme
- A host of family friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options
- Service-related sick pay from day 1
Your responsibilities as a Family Placement Social Worker:
- Provide customised and focused Social Work support to foster carers and/or adopters to ensure they provide a safe and secure environment for children/young people placed
- Undertake appropriate Social Work assessments in line with the needs of the service users
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of and adhere at all times to all policies and procedures, legislative requirements and relevant inspection bodies criteria
- Produce Social Work reports to be used externally and internally
- In accordance with their policies and procedures, assist senior management to address service complaints as and when required
- As and when required, provide support to colleagues at Joint Supervision meetings
Requirements of you as a Family Placement Social Worker:
- Relevant Social Work Qualification such as DipSW, CSS, CQSW
- Valid Social Work registration - HCPC/CCWales/SSSC/NISCC
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant Family Placement legislation
- Demonstrable and applied knowledge of child protection procedures
- Understanding of the role of children's Social Workers; knowledge of the role of other agencies in particular, health and education; knowledge of the growth and development of children
- Experience of undertaking assessments
Salary scale - up to £41,000 d.o.e + Benefits
What do you get from working with me?
- CV enhancement
- Application form enhancement
- Access to many jobs in the market
- One central point of contact
- Interview preparation assistance
- Expert consultation
- Questions answered.
- Offer negotiation.
I am also offering a referral bonus of £250.00 to anyone who refers a social work professional to our agency that is successfully placed.
Please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss the above or other opportunities that you would like me to seek for you.