- Posted 11 May 2023
- Salary £32000 - £36298 per annum + Amazing Benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameDavid Walsh
A South Wales Local Authority are looking to recruit a Social Worker.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the service which puts the individual at the heart of their work.
They are seeking a Social Worker to join their growing services for children, young people and young adults with disabilities services.
They support children and young people who have complex needs associated with their disability throughout the span of their childhood. They work closely with adult services colleagues to ensure a smooth and seamless transition to adulthood and are responsible for children and young people who receive care and support, care and protection and children who are looked after.
You will be given the opportunity to work with children who have a variety of needs and supported to develop specialist areas of interest. You will be provided with regular supervision, peer supervision, practice development opportunities and a range of training options. As a new member of the team you will be paired with an experienced buddy and have a comprehensive induction.
What is offered to you as a Social Worker:
- A generous annual leave entitlement
- Hybrid working
- Training and support
- Competitive salary
- Generous pension contribution
Your responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- To work with colleagues to agree a team approach to individual cases.
- To assist people to resolve major difficulties in their lives and to enhance their independence and coping skills.
- To work within current legislation and Council policy, procedures and practice to assess, commission and review services, including planned interventions, for a specific client group.
- To work positively with colleagues in the statutory and independent sector to ensure an appropriate multi-agency approach, and to empower clients to speak for themselves.
Requirements of you as a Social Worker:
- Have a relevant professional qualification in Social Work.
- Registration with the Care Council for Wales or equivalent
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
What do you get from working with me?
- CV enhancement
- Application form enhancement
- Access to many jobs in the market
- I am a dedicated consultant that will work endlessly to assure the whole process is a smooth running as possible
- Interview preparation assistance
- Expert consultation
- Questions answered
- Offer negotiation
Salary scale - up to £36,298 d.o.e. + £5000 market supplement payment that's reviewed on a 12 monthly basis.
I am also offering a referral bonus of £250.00 to anyone who refers a social work professional to our agency that is successfully placed.