Qualified Social Worker - Children and families Team
- Posted 27 April 2023
- Salary £36000 - £42503 per annum + Amazing Benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work , Fostering
- Contact NameDavid Walsh
A Local authority are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their Children and Families team
Recruiting for Qualified, Experienced and Advanced levels.
Their Children and Families teams are responsible for managing child-in-need and child protection cases as well as cases in legal proceedings and looked after children. The casework is varied, and you will be working creatively to promote positive change within the home environment. .
Benefits for you as a Qualified Social Worker in the Children and Families team:
- Continuing Professional Development Days in line with your personal Learning and Development Plan.
- Clear career pathway aligned to the BASW Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers. Secondments and opportunities are also available to help you progress in your career.
- 25 days paid annual leave per year, rising to 30 days with 5 years' continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Up to £2,000 retention payment per year, paid in two 6 monthly instalments for those who have been working as a Social Worker in either Permanency & Transition, Children & Families, Initial Response and Disabled Childrens Service for a period of 6 months (pro rata for part time employees).
- Paid Professional Re-registration Fees.
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (T&Cs apply).
- Flexible working opportunities
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Devon Discounts Scheme which offers a variety of great savings.
Your responsibilities as a Qualified Social Worker in the Children and Families team:
- To provide statutory support to with children and families, which includes information and advice, assessment, support planning and safeguarding.
- Comply with legal frameworks for social care in line with personalisation principles, which aim to put individuals, families and communities at the heart of care and wellbeing.
- Work in partnership and liaison with partners, voluntary sector organisations and others to provide coordinated support for individuals and /or families.
- Responsible for carrying out Child and Family Assessments
Requirements of you as a Qualified Social Worker in the Children and Families team:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A Social Work England registration
- Post qualification experience in Children's Social Work
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Salary: up to £42,503 d.o.e. + Amazing Retention payments!
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact me on 07425 728 375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this role is not what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!