A Local Authority in the West Midlands are seeking an experienced Locum Social Worker to join their Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children Team (UASC).
What's on Offer for the Locum Social Worker?
- Pay rate of £33.30 per hour
- Long contracts and the potential to go permanent
- Flexible working opportunities
- High level of support and supervision from stable management team
Roles and Responsibilities of the Locum Social Worker:
- As the Locum Social Worker, your duty under section 17 and section 20 of the Children's Act 1989 is to assess UAS children and provide support and accommodation
- Where there is uncertainty as to the age of the child or young person; an age assessment, governed by statutory practice, is undertaken. The outcome may then be challenged in the courts
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make clear, evidence-based decisions about the safety of children
- Demonstrate great organisational skills and be willing to work flexibly
- You will forge close relationships with partner agencies and have a good understanding of key legislation
Requirements of the Locum Social Worker:
- Social Work Qualification and a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
- Social Work England registration and clear enhanced DBS
- UK driving license and access to a car
Pay rate: £33.30 per hour
If you are interested in this vacancy and wish to apply, please follow the application instructions stated on the website or contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to Cassie Ferguson.
If this Social Worker role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!