Locum Social Worker - Children With Disabilities
- Posted 17 March 2023
- Salary Up to £37.00 per hour
- LocationNorth West London
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameJordan Peat
A Local Authority in North West London is looking for an experienced Social Worker to join their Children with Disabilities Service.
This is a Locum Social Work role.
The ideal social worker will have experience and knowledge of working with Children with a range of complex needs and disabilities.
Benefits for you as a CWD Social Worker:
- Competitive Pay Rate: £37.00
- Work from Home available
- Work for a "Good" Ofsted Rated Local Authority
Your responsibilities as a CWD Social Worker:
- Assessing the needs of children with disabilities and their families.
- Providing emotional and practical support, advice, and advocacy to children with disabilities and carers, as required
- Liaising and developing close working relationships with other professionals and agencies including, Health, Education, Police and Voluntary agencies to ensure service users receive services in accordance with assessed needs
- Ensuring that children with disabilities who are looked after, on the child protection or Child in Need plan or in Transition to Adult social care are well supported, visited within timescales and cared for in accordance with good practice and statutory requirements
- Undertake s.47 investigations where there are safeguarding concerns.
- Preparing and presenting reports in a clear and accurate way and within timescales, presenting children's needs to panel and implementing packages of care including short breaks.
- Undertaking Child & Family assessments, creating SMART Child in Need plans.
Requirements of you as a CWD Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience of work within Children with Disabilities or 0-15 Team
- A valid UK Driving Licence and vehicle is required
Location: North West London
Umbrella pay rate: £37.00
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!