A Local Authority in East London is looking for a Social Worker to join their Social Work in Schools Team
This is a Locum Social Work role.
It is an exciting opportunity to work with professionals and schools to address issues and provide support to children and young people at the earliest opportunity possible to reduce referrals to Children's Social Care and positively impact on educational attainment.
This is great prospect for Social Workers interested in innovation, systemic working and relationship based direct work with children and families, it is a chance to learn more about research and testing evidence to work in the most effective way with children, families and schools.
Benefits for you as a School Social Worker:
- Pay Rate: £37.00 per hour
- Flexible working available
- Chance to enhance your CV
- Easily accessible via car or public transport
Your responsibilities as a School Social Worker:
- Provide high quality casework and service to vulnerable children and families.
- Ensuring social work practice is in the best interest of children.
- Safeguard children, and improve outcomes in terms of their health, education, social and emotional well-being.
- Providing a service to users that ensures that assessments, care plans and actions are in place to promote the longer-term safety, welfare and well-being of children and young people, enabling them to maximise their life chances.
- Working with individual service users, providing early help, undertaking assessments, interventions and reviews, in line with professional frameworks and National Performance indicators and other relevant local and national guidance, for children in need, those subject to child protection and criminal justice processes, looked after children and care leavers and their carers.
- Providing advice, assistance, counselling and other forms of personal assistance with the aim of empowering, enhancing and protecting individual welfare.
- Contribute, as an active member to a positive team culture, to achieve the objectives of the service, working with Restorative Practice as our overarching analytical practice framework.
- Be a positive role model for children and families and build partnerships with others to work collaboratively.
Requirements of you as a School Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience in CP, CIN and LAC
- A valid UK driving licence and car is essential to this role
Location: Tower Hamlets, London
Umbrella pay rate: £37.00 per hour
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details.
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!