Head of Service
- Posted 03 May 2023
- Salary £600 - £750 per day
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameJordan Peat
A Local Authority in the East of England is looking for a Head of Service to join their to join their Assessment and Family Safeguarding Service.
This is a Locum Social Work role.
The ideal Practice Manager will have management experience in Assessment & Family Safeguarding, Looked After Children and Young People Leaving Care.
You will be Managing 2 Service Managers and Responsible for 8 Teams within the service.
Benefits for you as a Head of Service:
- Competitive Pay Rate: up to £750.00p/d
- Flexible Working available
- "Good" Ofsted Rated LA
Your responsibilities as a Head of Service:
- Takes collective and shared responsibility for the effective leadership and management of the Council's services.
- To contribute and play an active part in the delivery of service across children's services as part of the Children's Services Management Team and the implementation of Family Safeguarding
- To advise and report to Corporate Parenting Panel, Safeguarding Board, Health & Wellbeing Board, Safeguarding Families board, the Lead Portfolio Holder and any other committee and/or relevant board.
- Experience in line management of Group Manager(s) and overall management responsibility for the respective service areas and deliver services through the relevant Service plans.
- Ability to deputise for the Service Director, and or Director of Children Services as and when required, at any service or multi - agency meeting, board and /or committee.
Requirements of you as a Head of Service:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience within Service Management, Line Management
- A valid UK Driving Licence and vehicle is required
Location: East Of England
Umbrella pay rate: Up to £750 Per Day
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!