Central Bedfordshire Council is looking for a Best Interest Assessor to join their Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding Team. This is a Locum Social Work role.
The ideal Social Worker will have extensive experience in a BIA position. The key to success in this role is to be able to use your own initiatives to work very autonomously from the onset of the contract.
Benefits for you as a Best Interests Assessor:
- Paid per assessment
- Predominantly homebased working
- Easily accessible via car or public transport
- Immediate availability
- An opportunity to further enhance your CV and skillset
Your responsibilities as a Best Interests Assessor:
- Complete assessments and reviews in line with DoLS 2007 amendment to the Mental Capacity act 2005
- Promote the least restrictive practice possible for service users
- Push for as much service user independent where appropriate
- Take part in regular group and individual supervision
- Build positive and effective relation ships with service users to ensure the best outcome possible
Requirements of you as a Best Interests Assessor:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience of BIA and DoLS work
Location: Central Bedfordshire
Umbrella pay rate: £290.00 - £295.00 per assessment
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Katherine Scoggins on 0118 948 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!