Young Person Support Worker- SEMH
- Posted 01 March 2023
- Salary £10.50 - £13.50 per hour + Holiday Pay + Pension
- Job type Temporary / Shift Work
- DisciplineSocial Care
- Contact NameFrancesca Keates
We are recruiting for a dedicated Young Person Support Worker- SEMH who is passionate about transforming the lives of individuals.
As a Young Person Support Worker- SEMH you will be based within a small childrens home located in Basingstoke, Hampshire. The young people you will be assisting are aged between 8-16 years with social, emotional and mental health needs including past backgrounds of trauma.
You will be expected as a Young Person Support Worker- SEMH to encourage communication, positive relationship building, independance and inclusion as well as providing emotional support.
Daily tasks will include attending fun day trips, engaging in both indoor and outdoor activities, assisting with general housekeeping tasks, basic meal preparation, report writing for any incidents and carrying out handovers, supervising the young people and ensuring they are safe at all times.
Shifts: long days (07:30am-22:00pm) + waking nights (21:00pm-07:30am)
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay accrued hourly
- PAYE or Umbrella payment
- Free training
- Flexible shift patterns
- Referral bonus scheme £200.00 for each person
- Drivers disired although not essential
- Must have experience working with children or adults in a social care setting
- Comfortable dealing with challenging behaviours
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude
- Friendly and nurturing disposition
Pay Rate- £10.50- £13.50 per hour + Holiday Pay
To be considered for this exciting social care opportunity based in Basingstoke, Hampshire, please apply now!
For more information about this Young Person Support Worker- SEMH role and others visit the Charles Hunter Associates website and contact Francesca.