A Kent-based Local Authority is looking for a Team Manager to join their Adolescent Team. As the Team Manager, you will manage, support and coach a team of experienced social workers, early help workers and other staff in order to ensure the correct procedures are implemented which support positive outcomes for children, young people and families. This role is a full-time, and permanent position.
You will be joining this local authority's vision on supporting Children and Young people to make them feel safe and secure whilst ensuring Children and Young People's voices are listened to and acted upon. As the ideal team manager, you will need to have leadership and management experience within an Adolescent Team.
Benefits for you as the Team Manager:
- Generous Annual leave
- Car Allowance
- Marketing Premia - £4,000
- Retention Payment - £3,000
- Career Progression Scheme
- Relocation Scheme
- Additional Discounts
Your responsibilities as the Team Manager:
- Manage and oversee the performance of the team effectively using available team performance data to monitor standards and performance and ensure compliance with practice standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the management of the staffing budget for the team by approving and committing expenditure within your delegated authority, and monitoring and reporting commitments in order to ensure budget is not exceeded
- Support the safer recruitment and selection of new staff, both within the team and across Children's Social Care in order to ensure staffing levels are maintained.
- Provide an effective service to children, young people and their families ensuring assessments, statutory visits and planned reviews are completed to a high standard and in accordance with statutory timescales
Requirements of you as the Team Manager:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid registration with Social Work England
- Management qualification or proven experience
- Significant experience of working within Children and Families Teams
- Experience of contributing towards budget management
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Salary: Up to £49,000 plus £4,000 market premia and £3,000 retention payment
Please follow the instructions on this website, or contact Tom McKenna on 07587 031100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role is not what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!