City of Wolverhampton Council require a Locum Social Worker to join their SWIS (Social Workers in School) Programme. This is a full time locum contract.
The Social Workers in Schools programme aims to reduce referral rates to children's social care as well as reduce the numbers of Section 17 or Section 47 investigations, along with the primary aim of reducing the number of children in care and improving educational achievement.
What's on Offer for the Locum Social Worker?
- Elevated pay rate of £33.30 per hour
- Negotiable Mileage/Accommodation allowance if you live more than 15 miles away
- Long contracts and the potential to go permanent
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of undertaking statutory social work with children and families
- You will be committed to the Councils Restorative Approach and working with social workers and their families to help improve outcomes for children and keep them safe from significant harm
- You will work with staff in schools to develop a deeper understanding of safeguarding and child protection and forge and embed co-working between agencies to improve outcomes for children and young people
Requirements of the Locum social worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Clear enhanced DBS
- Full UK driving license and access to a car
- Social Work qualification and a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
Pay rate: £33.30 per hour
If you are interested in this vacancy and wish to apply, please follow the application instructions stated on the website or contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to Cassie Ferguson on 0118 948 5555.
If this Social Worker role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!