Support Worker - Mental Health
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary Up to £26480 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Care
- Contact NameAlex Day
Senior Support Worker
Are you a Support Worker or Care Assistant in supported living or Residential services?
Do you have Experience working with adults with mental health challenges or substance misuse?
Are you looking to be part of an established care provider with a big future?
A Support Worker role is available working with adults between the ages of 18 - 65 with mental health challenges, substance misuse, challenging behaviour and learning difficulties in a supported Living Service in Edgware.
As a Support Worker you will be working closely with adults who have mental health challenges as well as those who struggle with substance misuse. You will carry out key work with service users to promote independence. You will also work closely with other third parties such as probation services, social workers, doctors, police, welfare officers. You will also help them their benefits and entitlements. You will promote positive outcomes for service users so they can become responsible individuals within the community.
Benefits of the Support Worker include:
- Fantastic Salary of £26,480
- Progression opportunities
- On-going training and development
- Generous annual leave
- 40 hours a week
Requirements of the Support Worker include:
- Experience working at Senior Support Worker level in a residential or supported living service.
- Driving license
- Commitment to work shift work including weekends, early shifts, and late shifts.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (essential)
- Strong leadership skills and emotional resilience
Responsibilities of the Support worker include:
- Assist the Homes Manager with the running of the service
- Shift lead, delegate and provide support to other members of staff
- Work under the companies guidelines and CQC standards
- Protect and provide an outstanding quality of the care to the service users
- Complete administrative duties
If you are looking for a new role with a great new company, apply here!