Please do not apply for this job if you require sponsorship to work in the UK. This position is only available for those who have right to work in the UK.
Do you want to care for vulnerable children while earning between £28,000 - £33,000 per annum?
The unit is a secure children's home which offers care and support to young people aged 10-18 who have been referred by the Youth Custody Service and includes Youth Offenders.
The young people can present physically threatening behaviour and the environment can become tense and anxiety provoking, so for everybody's safety surveillance cameras are in use in most areas of the building.
On offer as a Support Worker
- Starting salary between £28,000 - £33,000
- Shift patterns include early, late, long day shifts and sleep-ins
- On site meals usually eaten with the young people
- Local authority employer benefits
- Fully funded training and ongoing professional development
The successful candidate must have
- Experience working in youth offending or secure services
- Experience working with vulnerable young people
- Experience working with complex behaviours and challenging behaviours
- An understanding of safeguarding
- Flexibility to work shifts including weekends and evenings
- A personality made up of resilience, determination and empathy
If you are looking for a new role in a secure service, apply now!