Back to jobs
Here is your opportunity to start a career in rehabilitation support work. You do not need experience in care or support roles - we provide a full induction and specialist training and coaching.
Working in our specialist brain injury rehabilitation unit in Aylesbury is different to other kinds of support work. You're there to encourage and guide individuals, helping them gain the skills and confidence to live independently.
You will share the journey with these inspiring people as they overcome hurdles, achieve milestones, and reach the goals they've set. Many of the people we support only stay for three months before they are ready to move on. You can make a massive difference in that time.
We have full and part-time roles on offer.
Why join us?
Our fantastic service in Aylesbury works alongside people with an acquired brain injury, autism, and learning or physical disabilities to help them live as independently as possible. Our teams across the UK support people to move forward with their lives. It's a special feeling to share their individual journeys and play a part in the progress they make. Our employees are incredibly passionate about the jobs they do - you'll find a strong team spirit across our services and amazing colleagues who always pull together and look out for each other.
We provide assessment and rehabilitation, continuing rehabilitation and a range of transitional living options to support those progressing to greater independence. When a service user is admitted to the BIRT Centre for Wales they undergo an in-depth neurobehavioural assessment to determine their potential for social reintegration and increased independence.
You'll get huge job satisfaction from seeing the people you are supporting do more for themselves and live the life they want to live. If you're interested in building a career, we're here to support you all the way on your own journey.
We're not looking for any kind of specific experience. It is your personality and values that will make you a good fit for the role and our Charity. We can train and develop you to become a great rehabilitation support worker if you:
* have genuine empathy for our residents, with the positivity, patience, and resilience to support them through the difficult times of their rehabilitation
* enjoy teamwork and take pride in getting a job done well alongside your colleagues
* have excellent face to face communication skills and a good standard of literacy
* have good time management skills and the ability to prioritise your own workload.
You need to be able to get to central Aylesbury to be considered for the role. If you will not be able to commute here, we still have some great role with your name written on it!!
You can look forward to excellent benefits as a support Worker , including handy discounts on many brands and services.
* A competitive rate of £11 per hour with a £1 increment over weekends and bank holidays
£1000 Welcome Bonus (Subject to T&C)
* 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata)
* Excellent training and support
* Group life assurance
* Eye voucher scheme
* Free parking
* Nationwide employee staff discounts incl. eating out and shopping
- Blue Light Card: provides those in the NHS, emergency services, social care sector and armed forces with discounts online and in-store
We also put a big focus on employee wellbeing and support. It matters to us that you feel at your best. Career development is a priority. We will ensure you get all the training and learning opportunities you need to achieve your goals.
Please apply here if you feel like this is the right role for you!