Role: Supervising Social Worker
Basic Salary: £27,000 - £38,380
Office Location: Home based covering Somerset
An Independent Fostering Agency is looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join their ever-growing team to cover the Somerset area. They are an established Fostering agency which forms part of one of the UK's largest leading communities of children's service providers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Social Worker to influence and effect change within their dynamic organisation.
- Company Car or £2,000 Car Allowance
- 30 days' Annual Leave, rising to 35 days with length of service, + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Employee Discount Scheme & Medical Cash Plan
Duties will include:
- Support foster parents and their families to achieve outstanding outcomes for all children and young people in foster care.
- Support and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster parents ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities, therapy, holidays, with all members of the child's network, including contributing to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined.
- Ensure each child and foster parent are fully compliant in respect of all key documentation.
- Attend meetings and/or provide reports for Commissioning Teams to address individual packages of care.
- Participate in an 'out of hours' support service on a rota basis
- Undertake occasional initial home visits and Form F Assessments.
Requirements of you as Supervising Social worker:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with Social Work England or equivalent
- Proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- The willingness and ability to travel extensively (including occasional nights away)
- Full driving licence
What do you get from working with me?
- CV enhancement
- Application form enhancement
- Access to many jobs in the market
- One central point of contact
- Interview preparation assistance
- Expert consultation
- Questions answered
- Offer negotiation