A local family run, independent fostering agency are looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join their team, covering Somerset and Devon. The agency is set up by foster carers and aims to ensure carers and young people are at the centre of all they do.
This is a full time, permanent position with plenty of opportunities as the agency develops. As the Supervising Social Worker, you will be holding a low case hold and be responsible for recruiting, assessing, supervising, supporting, and training foster carers. The agency provides different services, including mainstream fostering and specialist fostering providing more intensive therapeutic fostering placements for complex cases.
The ideal Supervising Social Worker will have experience working with children and families.
Benefits for you as the Supervising Social Worker:
* 36 Days Annual Leave + Long Service Day + Birthday Off + Good Health Days
* Car allowance + generous mileage
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Discount Card
* Other Benefits
Your responsibilities Social Worker:
* Support the development of the fostering agency
* Recruit, Assess and Approve foster families
* Visit foster carers and provide training
* Enable foster carers to gain a better understanding of the developmental needs of children
Requirements of you as the Supervising Social Worker:
* A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
* SWE Registered
* Willing to undertake enhanced DBS
* Experience of working within children social work
* Must hold a full UK Driving Licence and access to a car
Location: Covering Somerset and Devon
Salary: up to £40,000
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Tom McKenna on 07587031100 or email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this Supervising Social Worker role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!