A Large Independent Fostering Agency is looking for a Supervising Social Worker to cover the Cornwall Region. As the Supervising Social Worker, you will be supporting the Registered Manager with both operational and Commercial performance. This role is full-time, HOMEBASED, and permanent position.
The ideal candidate will have fostering experience. However, adoption and safeguarding are also welcome! You will need to be committed and have the drive to match this Independent Fostering Agency's ambitions and they always look internally for promotions before externally.
Benefits for you as the Supervising Social Worker:
- 30 Days Annual leave (rising to 35 with length service) + bank holidays
- Company Car or Car Allowance - £2,000
- Company pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Medical Cash Plan
Your responsibilities as the Supervising Social Worker:
- Support foster parents and their families to achieve outstanding outcomes for all children and young people in foster care.
- Ensure each child and foster parent are fully compliant in respect of all key documentation
- Participate in an "Out of Hours" support service on a rota basis
- Participate in a day "duty system" on a rota basis supporting referrals team
- Undertake occasional initial home visits and Form F Assessments
Requirements of you as the Supervising Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- The willingness and ability to travel extensively (including occasional nights away)
- Confidence with transporting children and young people in sometimes stressful/difficult situations
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Location: Homebased (Covering Cornwall)
Salary: up to £38,000 + Car Allowance of £2,000 or Company Car
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Tom McKenna on 07587031100 for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this Management position role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!