Supervising Social Worker
A leading children's services Social Enterprise is looking for a Supervising Social Worker to support a caseload of foster carers, as well as working to a recruitment plan in recruiting for prospective fostering carers, around the whole of Sussex for their fostering service. This role is Full-time and a permanent position. You will be working with an experienced team and in a culture where children are respected, listened to, and involved in as many decisions as possible.
The ideal Supervising Social Worker will have Fostering & therapeutic practice experience, preferably within the private sector as this organisation has a strong therapeutic approach to practice (trauma-informed model).
What is on offer for you as the Supervising Social Worker:
- Car Allowance of £4500 per annum + mileage
- Training opportunities including formal CHARMS training
- Peer and group clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Medical cashback scheme with Simply Heath
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- This agency were named Employer of the Year at the National Children and Young People Awards 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities for you as the Supervising Social Worker:
- Carry out initial home visits to prospective foster carers.
- Complete Form F Assessments and Foster Carer Annual Reviews
- Plan and lead our foster families' support groups and recognition events
- Assist in delivering and participating in our training programme for foster families
- Be part of their Children's and Young People's Participation Events
- Taking part in our On Call service on a rota basis.
Requirements for you as the Supervising Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/Diploma)
- Registered with Social Work England
- Experience of working within a Fostering service
- Knowledge or experience of Therapeutic working
- You must have a full UK driving licence
- An excellent working knowledge and understanding of the current legislation and frameworks relevant to Children Social Care and Fostering
Location: West and East Sussex
Salary: Up to £40,500 plus car allowance of £4500 per annum