A recently 'Good' rated, Kent-based Local Authority is looking for a Social Worker to join their Private Fostering Recruitment Team. As the Social Worker, you will contribute to the assessment of private fostering arrangements. This role is a full-time, and permanent position.
Private Fostering is based on parental consent - if a parent has not agreed for someone else to look after their child, then the arrangement is not Private Fostering. Private Fostering arrangements are quite separate from arrangements made by the Council for 'children looked after' and living with foster carers. Private Fostering covers many situations, including children who are temporarily away from their families e.g. for educational holidays, children of overseasstudents and refugee or displaced children. This includes children who have had a disagreement with their parents and have gone to live with a neighbour or a school friend's family
Benefits for you as the Social Worker:
- Generous Annual leave
- Market supplement of £5,000
- Retention Payment - £3,000
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Progression Opportunities
- Child Care Vouchers
- Additional Benefits
Your responsibilities as the Social Worker:
- Contribute to the assessment of private fostering arrangements, with involvement in an active recruitment campaign.
Co-hosting information sessions.
Attend regular review meetings with the assessed / private fostering arranged families
Requirements of you as the Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid registration with Social Work England
- Significant experience of working within fostering recruitment
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Salary: Up to £50,000 plus £3,000 annual retainer
Please follow the instructions on this website, or contact Tom McKenna on 07587 031100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role is not what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!