An East London based Local Authority are looking for a Social Worker to join their Family Support & Safeguarding Team. As the Social Worker, you will be continuing the child's journey when cases are transferred from the Assessment Service and where longer-term involvement is needed. This role is a full-time, permanent position.
As the ideal Social Worker will have experience of implementing child protection and child in need plans. Whilst this is a busy team in a developing local authority, there is opportunities with great training and development programmes.
Benefits for you as the Social Worker:
- Excellent Travel package
- Relocation package
- Pension Scheme
- Progression Opportunities
- Healthcare scheme
- Additional benefits
Your responsibilities as the Social Worker:
- Support looked after children, and to escalate cases through legal proceedings
- Implement child protection and child in need plans
- Manage complex cases, planning intervention and support in a timely manner
- Making sure that the children's voices are heard and recorded consistently
Requirements of you as the Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Experience of working within Family Support and Safeguarding Teams
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Location: East London
Salary: Up to £41,000 plus retention allowance
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Tom McKenna on 07587 031 100 for further details or email@example.com and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this opportunity isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!