Dudley Council are looking for a Social Worker to join their Family Support & Safeguarding Team. As the Social Worker, you will be continuing the child's journey when cases are transferred from the Assessment Service and where longer-term involvement is needed. This role is a full-time, locum postion.
As the ideal Social Worker will have experience of implementing child protection and child in need plans. Whilst this is a busy team in a developing local authority, there is opportunities with great training and development programmes.
Benefits for you as the Social Worker:
- Brilliant pay rate of £32.34 per hour
- Only required to be in the office 2 days a week
- "Good" Ofsted inspection results
- Home and flexible working available
- Easily commutable via car or public transport
- An opportunity to further enhance your CV
Your responsibilities as the Social Worker:
- Support looked after children, and to escalate cases through legal proceedings
- Implement child protection and child in need plans
- Manage complex cases, planning intervention and support in a timely manner
- Making sure that the children's voices are heard and recorded consistently
Requirements of you as the Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Experience of working within Family Support and Safeguarding Teams
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Rate: up to £32.34 per hour Umbrella/LTD
PAYE options available too
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Luke Longman on 07436 380232 for further details or firstname.lastname@example.org and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this opportunity isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!