Social Worker - Family Safeguarding Team
- Posted 01 May 2023
- Salary £36000 - £42503 per annum + Amazing Benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameDavid Walsh
A Local authority are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their Family Safeguarding Team
There is an exciting opportunity for social workers to join other Family Safeguarding teams. Recruiting for Qualified, Experienced and Advanced levels.
This service works with families following assessment, where longer term support is required. This can include where children are considered to be in need or subject to child protection processes. The service works with families to support children remaining at home in the community however where this is not possible the teams also work with children becoming subject to pre-proceedings and court proceedings.
Benefits for you as a Qualified Social Worker in the Family Safeguarding Team:
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Social Work Academy with dedicated support from our Restorative Practice Leads, as well as Research in Practice membership and full access to Devon Children and Families Safeguarding training programme.
- Dedicated support with regular supervision from line management so you can critically reflect on your practice on a regular basis. Group supervisions are also offered, allowing you to learn from your colleagues and grow the strength of your social work practice together.
- Continuing Professional Development Days in line with your personal Learning and Development Plan.
- Clear career pathway aligned to the BASW Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers. Secondments and opportunities are also available to help you progress in your career.
- 25 days paid annual leave per year, rising to 30 days with 5 years' continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Up to £2,000 retention payment per year, paid in two 6 monthly instalments for those who have been working as a Social Worker in either Permanency & Transition, Children & Families, Initial Response and Disabled Childrens Service for a period of 6 months (pro rata for part time employees).
- Paid Professional Re-registration Fees.
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (T&Cs apply).
- Access to our confidential Devon Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme to support you to balance the demands of everyday life - available 24/7.
- Flexible working opportunities, including flexi-time and a degree of remote working (subject to the needs of the role - please discuss at interview).
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
Your responsibilities as a Qualified Social Worker in the Family Safeguarding Team:
- To provide statutory support to with children and families, which includes information and advice, assessment, support planning and safeguarding.
- Comply with legal frameworks for social care in line with personalisation principles, which aim to put individuals, families and communities at the heart of care and wellbeing.
- Work in partnership and liaison with partners, voluntary sector organisations and others to provide coordinated support for individuals and /or families.
- To ensure accurate and timely recording of all information and activity onto the social care records database in accordance with work targets set by the Team Manager and Supervisor.
Requirements of you as a Qualified Social Worker in the Family Safeguarding Team:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A Social Work England registration
- Post qualification experience in Children's Social Work
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Salary: up to £42,503 d.o.e. + Amazing Retention payments!
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact me on 07425 728 375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this role is not what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!