Somerset Council are currently looking for a Social Worker on a Locum basis to work within their Looked After Children Team. This Social Work Team deals with children under 16 who are currently in care and the option of a return to their birth parents has been ruled out. There is also an element of adoption services in this role.
What are the requirements?
- 2 Years Post Qualifying experience.
- Social Work England (SWE) registration.
- Degree in social work.
What sets you apart from the crowd?
- Experience working in a Looked After Children's team.
- Lateral and strategic thinking are key aspects in managing the caseload involved in this role.
- Experience in supporting children with the plan of adoption or Foster care
- Knowledge of completing Child Permanence Reports.
- Expertise of working with Adoption or Fostering Services.
What do you get?
- A competitive hourly rate of £38 per hour.
- The flexibility of working from home.
- Specific flexibility around your home life.
- Free on-site parking.
- The opportunity to work in a mix of Looked After Children and Adoption teams.
Why Charles Hunter Associates?
- You will work with your own dedicated consultant whose main concern is your career, and consultants that have sector knowledge and experience
- Referral Bonus Scheme of £250 if you refer a "friend" or "colleague" looking for work
If you are interested in this application and wish to apply please follow the application instructions stated on the website, or alternatively you can contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to George Taphouse 0118 948 5555 / 07436 399 975