Herefordshire Council are currently looking for a Social Worker on a Locum basis to work within their Children in Care Team. This Social Work Team deals with children under 16 who are currently in care and the option of a return to their birth parents has been ruled out.
What are the requirements?
- 2 Years Post Qualifying experience.
- Social Work England (SWE) registration.
- Degree in social work.
What sets you apart from the crowd?
- Experience working in a Children in Care team.
- Knowledge of completing Child Permanence Reports.
- Lateral and strategic thinking are key aspects in managing the caseload involved in this role.
- Expertise of working with Adoption Services.
Please see some more information straight from Herefordshire below:
The role is based within our Children and Young People in Care Team, which is a small, stable, and supportive team that supports children and young people who are Looked after from the age of birth to 16 years. We are looking for a social worker who is up for the challenge. We are proud of the team spirit which exists in our teams and across our service and by having supportive colleagues around you is what makes a difference. With this in mind if you think this is you, we would encourage to join us on our journey to improve children and families lives in Herefordshire. Herefordshire Council is based in one of the most rural counties in England with beautiful un-spoilt countryside, distinctive heritage and many attractive and lively market towns providing the ideal place to work and live.
What do you get?
- A competitive hourly rate of up to £47 per hour
- The flexibility of working from home
- Free on-site parking
- The opportunity to work within a Children In Care team who are focussed on doing what is best for the children.
Why Charles Hunter Associates?
- You will work with your own dedicated consultant whose main concern is your career, and consultants that have sector knowledge and experience.
- Referral Bonus Scheme of £250 if you refer a "friend" or "colleague" looking for work.
If you are interested in this application and wish to apply please follow the application instructions stated on the website, or alternatively you can contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to George Taphouse 0118 948 5555 / 07436 399 975.