A Local Authority is seeking a highly talented and ambitious Social Worker to join their Adult Learning Disabilities Team in the Central London area. The Learning Disabilities team provides care management and safeguarding support under the Care Act 2014 to people over the age of 25 who need community care services. This Local Authority offers a manageable caseload to every Social Worker, dedicated time for reflective supervision.
This is for a full-time, permanent position.
This London Boroughs Adult Social Care Services is looking for a Social Worker to join their friendly and hard-working team dealing with a wide range of Adult Social Care referrals.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Annual Leave (26 Days Rising to 36 Dependant on Service)
- Flexible Working
- Travel Schemes
- Career Progression
- Hybrid Working
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Care management work such as completing strength-based care act assessments, MCA's, occasional management of duty, annual statutory reviews, CHC, COP work Safeguarding and longer-term case work.
- Provide care management and safeguarding support under the Care Act 2014 to people over the age of 25 who need community care services. These include services for people with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism and people who provide unpaid care to friends and family.
- Work accordingly to the relevant legislation for people in need of support, plus people over the age of 25 who have a Learning Disability.
- Ability to assess and review people in receipt of care and support.
- Record keeping and being able to effectively communicate with other Social Workers, service users and their family members.
- Be flexible, committed and hard working with the ability to work to the highest standards.
- Working and collaborating with a multidisciplinary framework and maintain good working relationships.
- Develop strong relationships with partner agencies and the local community to provide a supportive framework for vulnerable adults.
- Undertake Duty, Section 42 work, MCA's and Best Interest Assessments and may also be required to provide supervision/support to less experienced staff.
- Moving freely and efficiently around the Borough and to undertake care needs assessments and reviews of placements in and outside of the Borough is an integral and regular feature in the Adult Social Care team and therefore having a driving licence and means of transport is essential and compulsory.
- Make clear decisions, to highlight and limit potential risks associated with intervention.
- Traveling around the South London area and working as part of a supportive team to work with individuals to promote and support independence choice and control with wellbeing at the heart of every case.
- Work with individuals and families in an outcome focused way using a Strength Based approach.
- Be current and up to date with knowledge of research, policies, and best practice.
- Work to the highest of professional standards so that service users can live more independent and fulfilling lives.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- A Recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW/CSS or equivalent).
- A valid registration with Social Work England Registration.
- Must have completed ASYE.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards.
- Excellent report and computer skills.
£40,503 - £47,736.
Please follow the instructions on the website, or alternatively contact Adam Smith on 07442 576 906 for more information and please be sure to leave your contact details.
If this isn't the exact role you're looking for, but you are looking for other Social Work, please get in touch to find out other opportunities.