A Kent-based Local Authority is looking for a Social Worker to join their 16 Plus Care Leavers Service. As the Social Worker, you will be providing high quality and effective professional casework service for young people in care as they transition to independence. This role is a full-time, and permanent position.
You will be joining this local authority's vision on supporting Children and Young people to make them feel safe and secure. As the ideal Social Worker will need experience within a Care Leaving team. You will need to be committed and have the drive to match this Local Authority's ambitions.
Benefits for you as the Social Worker:
- 27 Days Annual leave
- Car Allowance
- Retention Payment - £2,000
- Market Premia - £2,000
- Career Progression Scheme
- Relocation Scheme
- Additional Discounts
Your responsibilities as the Social Worker:
- Support the transition of young people from care to independence as they move from the Children in Care teams to the 16+ Care Leavers teams
- Manage a caseload of child in care cases
- Comply with legislation, statutory guidance and local policies and procedures
- Prepare clear, structured and concise reports for meetings
Requirements of you as the Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid registration with Social Work England
- Significant experience of working within Children and Families Teams
- Experience of working within Leaving Care Team
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Salary: up to £37,000 plus the retainers
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Tom McKenna, Associate Director, on 07587 031 100 or email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this opportunity isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!