A South Wales Local Authority are looking to recruit a CASP Reviewing Officer.
They are looking to recruit an experienced and permanent Social Worker to join their new and innovative team that will be independently reviewing Care and Support Plans for children and young people in Cardiff.
The Care and Support Plan Reviewing Officer role will introduce independent reviewing to all children and young people subject to a Care and Support Plan. You will need to review and make recommendations utilising outcome-based care planning approaches, which will impact and improve lives of children and young people. This will include knowing and recognising where there are safeguarding concerns, or alternatively when non statutory services might better support a child or their family.
The main duties of the post holder will be to ensure you are focussed on the needs of children and ensuring they are addressed, minimising drift and checking the consistency of care planning and decision-making.
What is offered to you as a CASP Reviewing Officer:
- A generous annual leave entitlement
- Hybrid working
- Training and support
- Competitive salary
- Generous pension contribution
Your responsibilities as a CASP Reviewing Officer:
- To play a key role in ensuring that the Council's work with children meets the requirements of legislation, regulation, guidance and national standards, through the effective chairing of inter-agency meetings and participation in case audits and reviews.
- To contribute to the development, within Children's Services, the Council and with partner agencies of policies, procedures and practice to improve the service provided to children and their families.
- Introduce reviewing, independent of the management team, to all children with a Care and Support Plan. To ensure the timeliness of decision making across children's services and to promote the least intrusive intervention in a family's life
Requirements of you as a CASP Reviewing Officer:
- Have a relevant professional qualification in Social Work.
- Registration with the Care Council for Wales or equivalent
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Have experience of working with Care and Support plans as well as Child Protection
What do you get from working with me?
- CV enhancement
- Application form enhancement
- Access to many jobs in the market
- I am a dedicated consultant that will work endlessly to assure the whole process is a smooth running as possible
- Interview preparation assistance
- Expert consultation
- Questions answered
- Offer negotiation
Salary scale - up to £40,478 d.o.e.
I am also offering a referral bonus of £250.00 to anyone who refers a social work professional to our agency that is successfully placed.