I am looking for a Senior Support Worker to make a positive difference in the lives of vulnerable children. This will be on a full-time, permanent basis with an excellent provider who can offer clear and concise plans toward development and progression opportunities.
We have an opportunity available within a children's residential home where the home currently supports vulnerable children and young people who have emotional behavioural difficulties in Preston.
On offer is a fully funded training programme which offers you an excellent career progression into management. My client has a fantastic reputation for nurturing staff and offer fantastic progression opportunities.
This is a role where you will be working with one of the most reputable care providers in the area and will benefit from ongoing training and support to ensure you have everything you need to become successful in the role.
Benefits for the Senior Support Worker include:
- Salary up to £22,422.40 (£12.17 - £12.32 per hour)
- Full-time contract (35 hours per week)
- No sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave
- Paid for DBS
- Fully funded training
- On-going progression opportunities
- Pension, maternity, and paternity benefits and more!
- The opportunity to gain the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare
Responsibilities of the Senior Support Worker:
- Lead and run a successful staff team and assist all day-to-day operations of the home
- To assist with supervisions of junior staff
- Work with a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day lives attending reviews and liaising with other professionals as part of the wider team to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Assisting with writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- Must be a confident driver with a UK driver's licence
My client is looking for someone with at least 18 months experience working in a children's residential home.
Follow the instructions on this website to apply your interest, or alternatively for more information on this position, please contact Gregory Smith at Charles Hunter Associates on 0118 948 5555.