Do you find helping and supporting vulnerable individuals rewarding?
Are you hoping to join a well-established Charity organisation?
Are you looking to develop and gain a career working in the care sector?
A unique opportunity has become available to join an established charity that support individuals between the ages of 16 - 65 who are rough sleeping, considered homeless or at risk of homelessness. Individuals may or may not have a range of complex needs including mental health issues, ex-offending, alcohol dependency, early life trauma or family breakdown.
This is an exciting role for the right individual where you will have the chance to really make a difference towards vulnerable people's lives.
For your hard work, you will have the opportunity to gain further qualifications including generous annual leave and progression opportunities!
Benefits for you as the Support Worker include:
- A fantastic salary of £23,793
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Time of in Lieu
- Sick Pay after a qualifying period
- Travel expenses
- A full induction on all aspect of the business
- Comprehensive training courses
Requirements of the Support Worker include:
- Experience working with adults with challenging behaviours in a care setting
- Commitment to work long days and weekends
- Good standard of written English for report writing
- Strong communication skills and emotional resilience
- Driver is essential
Responsibilities of the Support Worker include:
- Provide a person-centred approach at all times
- Protect the service users at all times
- Give guidance to the service users and promote independence
- Take part in activities the service users enjoy e.g. football, swimming or long walks
- Helping service users with finances and budgeting
- Help service users with appointments
Shift pattern is on a working rota between the hours of 8:00am and 10:00pm
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then apply now!