SEN School Support Worker
- Posted 28 April 2023
- Salary £10.50 - £14 per hour + PLUS HOLIDAY PAY
- Job type Temporary / Shift Work
- DisciplineSocial Care
- ReferenceFW - C - LS_1682691875
- Contact NameFlora Waterhouse
SEN School Support Worker - Required to support a SEN school based in Basingstoke. Children at the school are aged between 8-19 who have autism, severe learning difficulties, resulting in highly challenging behaviours.
We are looking for dedicated and passionate support workers who can get involved in the daily activities within the school including the use of a swimming pool and a small farm. As a SEN School Support Worker you will be expected to build strong relationships with young people and promote independence and include everyone.
Hours for you as a SEN School Support Worker
- Long day shifts will be 7.30am - 7.45pm.
- Monday - Sunday based on availability.
- Block Bookings Required.
- Preferred fully flexible availability.
Rates of pay as a SEN School Support Worker:
- Day rate varies from £10.50 - £11.00
- Weekend rates £11+
Benefits for you as SEN School Support Worker:
- Online Timesheets
- Training courses provided by CHA
- Holiday Pay 12.07%
- Amazing facilities for children covering 10 acres of land and a small farm
- Countryside setting
- Weekly pay plus holiday pay
Requirements for you as the SEN School Support Worker:
This is an active role with a wide range of sensory based activities to get involved in with the students. Other requirements will be:
- Child + Adult DBS on updated service
- Driver preferable
- Previous experience with children with challenging behaviours
- Be able to assist with manual handling + personal care
- Positive and engaging attitude towards to role
If this SEN School Support Worker based in Basingstoke is of interest please apply.
Alternatively, please contact Flora via the Charles Hunter Associates website for more information regarding this SEN School Support Worker opportunity and many more roles within Social Care.