Do you have experience working with young people in care or in the justice system? Are you interested in working with young offenders? Are you emotionally and physically resilient?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, then please get in touch as we have an opportunity available with the local authority to work in one of their secure children's homes as a Residential Care Worker.
The unit is a secure children's home which offers care and support to young people aged 10-18 who have been referred by the Youth Custody Service and includes Youth Offenders.
The young people can present physically threatening behaviour and the environment can become tense and anxiety provoking, so for everybody's safety surveillance cameras are in use in most areas of the building.
On offer as a Residential Care Worker.
- Starting salary of £27334
- Secure Unit Allowance of £2,500 per annum
- Additional £1,400 (approx) for Weekend and Bank Holiday working
- OTE is £31,000
- Rota'd hours between 7.30am-10.30pm and alternate weekend working - No Nights or Sleep Ins
- On site meals usually eaten with the young people
- Local authority employer benefits
- Fully funded training and ongoing professional development
The successful candidate must have
- Experience working with young people in Children;s Homes, Care Leavers, Youth Justice
- Or Transferable experience from Prison Office, Probation Officer, Youth Offending, Custodial Services
- Understanding of young people safeguarding, secure or prison environment
- Emotional and Physical resilience as you will need to work with agressive behaviour and restraints
If you are looking for a new role in a secure service, apply here!