Do you have experience in young offenders, youth justice or custodial? Are you looking to work in a exciting and challenging service? Are you looking for a progressive career pathway? Apply here!
If you have answered yes to any of the above, then please get in touch as we have an opportunity available with the local authority to work in one of their secure children's homes as a Residential Support Worker.
The unit is a secure children's home which offers care and support to young people aged 10-18 who have been referred by the Youth Custody Service and includes Youth Offenders.
The Secure Unit has been designed to a very high standard and is structured to provide physical containment in an environment which is comfortable and attractive. The Unit holds 24 beds (predominantly boys) and the young people can present physically threatening behaviour and the environment can become tense and anxiety provoking, the ideal candidate would be able to withheld these situations and have previous experience de-escalating these situations.
On offer as a Residential Support Worker
- Starting salary of £27,334
- Secure Unit Allowance so OTE is £31,000
- Rota'd hours between 7.00am-10.30pm and alternate weekend working
- On site meals usually eaten with the young people
- Local authority employer benefits
- Fully funded training and ongoing professional development
The successful candidate must have
- Experience working with vulnerable young people
- Experience working with complex behaviours and challenging behaviours
- Experience working in youth offending or secure services
- An understanding of safeguarding
- Flexibility to work shifts including weekends and evenings
- A personality made up of resilience, determination and empathy
If you are looking for a new role in a secure service, apply here!