Principal social worker - Intake and Assessment
Office Base: South Wales
Salary: up to £48,500
The Intake and Assessment team of a South Wales Local Authority are looking to recruit a Principal Social Worker.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and shape practice and performance in the team, whilst carrying a protected caseload.
What is offered to you as a Principal Social Worker:
- Up to £48,500basic salary
- A generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days per year to a maximum of 32 days per year after 5 years, with the option to purchase additional annual leave to a maximum of 10 days.
- Their working culture is flexible, with a flexi scheme allowing you to work to a schedule that suits you
- Hybrid working - supporting you to flexibly deliver your role whether on visits, from an office or your home
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), offering a reputable, secure and flexible pension plan for peace of mind.
- a market supplement reviewed on a 12 monthly basis.
Your responsibilities as a Principal Social Worker:
- To undertake and promote the effective assessment, care planning, intervention and review for children in need of care and support, including children in need of being looked after and/or protection, including circumstances where it is necessary for the local authority to initiate legal proceedings to safeguard children.
- To take the role of Practice Leader, supporting and encouraging a Signs of Safety culture within the service.
- Keep children, young people and families at the heart of the work through promoting the use of Signs of Safety engagement tools.
- In partnership with the team manager, you will monitor and manage the performance and development of Social Workers.
Requirements of you as Principal Social worker:
- Have a relevant professional qualification in Social Work.
- Registration with the Care Council for Wales or equivalent
- Knowledge of Social Work Policy, legislation, guidance and
- regulations and their application
What do you get from working with me?
- CV enhancement
- Application form enhancement
- Access to many jobs in the market
- I am a dedicated consultant that will work endlessly to assure the whole process is a smooth running as possible
- Interview preparation assistance
- Expert consultation
- Questions answered
- Offer negotiation
I am also offering a referral bonus of £250.00 to anyone who refers a social work professional to our agency that is successfully placed.
Please feel free to contact me anytime on 07425 728 375 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the above or other opportunities that you would like me to seek for you.