An "Outstanding" Ofsted rated Independent Fostering Agency is looking for a Placement Officer to join their office based in Harrow. This is a full-time, permanent position with an organisation who take a therapeutic approach.
As a Placements Officer, you will be responding to requests for fostering placements to identify options and solutions for children and young people in need. You will work closely with the Director to ensure each child or young person is carefully matched with foster carers able to meet the child's needs.
Benefits for you :
- Generous Annual Leave - 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave - a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days - no sickness in 6 months and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Employee Assistance that provides access to counselling and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Receive referrals, make appropriate matching decisions and record relevant information concerning children and young people on to the company's database
- Liaise with all stakeholders regarding the placement of children and young people, ensuring all relevant agreements are obtained and completed
- Obtain funding agreements and complete Local Authority Contracts, Pre-Placement and Indvidual Placement Agreements
- Maintain a database
- Obtain agreements and contracts
Requirements of you:
- Use transferable knowledge and experience to help vulnerable children and young people in need of a fostering family.
- Respond to requests for fostering placements to identify options and solutions for children and young people in need.
- Work closely with the Director to ensure each child or young person is carefully matched with foster carers able to meet the child's needs.
- Have a good sense of humour, drive and motivation personally, professionally and for the young people.
- Be passionate about making a difference and be able to provide your team with the leadership needed to inspire them to do the same.
- Develop relationships with Local Authorities, promote vacancies, complete administrative tasks and contract functions as well as manage a team of Placements Officers.
Location: Harrow, London
Salary: up to £34,000
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Tom McKenna on 07587031100 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!