Looked After Children Social Worker
- Posted 28 April 2023
- Salary £36000 - £42500 per annum + Amazing Benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameDavid Walsh
A Local authority are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their Looked After Children's Team
The Looked After Childrens team works with a small group of children who are under 16 years old who have a care plan of long-term foster care or adoption. Children move across into the team after care proceedings conclude and remain until they are sixteen. They have manageable caseloads for a full-time worker and they have engaging and supportive Managers at all levels to support practice and professional development
Benefits for you as a Qualified Social Worker in the Looked After Children's Team:
- Continuing Professional Development Days in line with your personal Learning and Development Plan.
- Clear career pathway aligned to the BASW Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers. Secondments and opportunities are also available to help you progress in your career.
- 25 days paid annual leave per year, rising to 30 days with 5 years' continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Up to £2,000 retention payment per year, paid in two 6 monthly instalments for those who have been working as a Social Worker in either Permanency & Transition, Children & Families, Initial Response and Disabled Childrens Service for a period of 6 months (pro rata for part time employees).
- Paid Professional Re-registration Fees.
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (T&Cs apply).
- Flexible working opportunities
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Devon Discounts Scheme which offers a variety of great savings.
Your responsibilities as a Qualified Social Worker in the Looked After Children's Team:
- You will demonstrate good working knowledge of the legislative framework relating to children, particularly the Children Act 1989 and all legislation related to looked after children and Children in Need.
- The ideal candidate will have good communication skills both (verbal and written) and proficient in using Microsoft Office packages.
- Your work will include assessment, care planning and permanency planning for children and young people which are both in care proceedings as well as children who are looked after following final court orders.
- You will be responsible for progressing work within the statutory framework for Looked After Children which would include ensuring Looked After Children Reviews, Personal Education Planning Meetings, Looked After Children Medicals are progressed within statutory timescales.
Requirements of you as a Qualified Social Worker in the Looked After Children's Team:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A Social Work England registration
- Post qualification experience in Children's Social Work
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Salary: up to £42,500 + Car Allowance + Amazing Retention payments
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact me on 07425 728 375 or email@example.com.
If this role is not what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!