A Local Authority Hampshire is looking for experienced Social Workers to join their Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children Team
This is a Locum Social Work role based in London.
The key to success in this role is to have skills and experience in age assessment practice so that proportionate and robust decisions can be made when a child's age is disputed by the Home Office or significant concerns are raised by other professionals.
Above all, you'll be focused on helping unaccompanied asylum-seeking children begin to navigate a pathway to resettlement in the UK.
Benefits for you as an UASC Social Worker:
- Competitive Pay Rate: £38.00
- Work for a "Outstanding" Ofsted rated Authority
- Hybrid working available - London Based
Your skills and responsibilities as UASC Social Worker:
- High-quality initial assessment service to newly arrived unaccompanied asylum-seeking children.
- You will have a clear focus of those in need of protection and the wider safeguarding agenda
- High quality social work practice and collaborative working with local partners.
- You will work closely with your colleagues and partner agencies to deliver and improve services for unaccompanied asylum-seeking children in the Service and across London and Hampshire.
- Age Assessments
- You will be able to evidence good leadership skills and a proven track record for delivering good outcomes for children and young people.
Requirements of you as UASC Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience in UASC, CP, LAC
- A valid UK Driving Licence and vehicle is required
Umbrella pay rate: £38.00
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!