Leicestershire County Council is looking for a Senior Social Worker to join their UASC Team.
This is a Locum Social Work role.
Agency social worker within the Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children's (UASC) Teams due to an increase of new asylum-seeking children coming into Norfolk. Extensive experience working with vulnerable children/young people, both under 16 years and 16-18 year olds.
The ideal Social Worker will have knowledge of child development and attachment, understanding the impact of parental problems and the short and long term impacts of abuse and neglect on children.
You will be part of developing the working practices within the teams as well as working closely with partner agencies to develop a robust, positive offer to those children and young people entering Norfolk (the UK) for the first time.
Benefits for you as a UASC Social Worker:
- Competitive Pay Rate: £34.00
- Hybrid working available
- Easily accessible via car or public transport
Your responsibilities as a UASC Social Worker
- Experience in UASC, LAC and LAC Teams
- Age assessments experience beneficial
- Demonstrable expertise in assessments, including core assessments
- Supporting transitions
- Understanding child and young person's development
- Multi agency working
Requirements of you as a UASC Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience in UASC, LAC, LC
- A valid UK Driving Licence and vehicle is required
Umbrella pay rate: 34.00
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Luke Longman on 0118 948 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!