West Sussex County Council is looking for a Team Manager to join their Serious Youth Violence, Missing and Child Exploitation Team in Horsham
This is a Locum Social Work role.
Serious Youth Violence, Missing and Child Exploitation Team has been created within West Sussex to deliver a coproduced, collocated, partnership team bringing together; Police, Health, Children's Social Care, Learning and Youth Justice Services to support and protect children, young people and families who are subject to, or at risk of being exploited.
The team will focus on prevention, protection, prosecution, and disruption in line with the requirements of the National Child Exploitation Action Plan where the aim is to create a centre of knowledge and skill that offers a first response to concerns relating to child exploitation.
Benefits for you as a Team Manager:
- Competitive Pay Rate: £45.00-£47.50
- Easily accessible via car or public transport
- Chance to enhance your CV Skillset
Your responsibilities and experience as a Team Manager:
- Line managers for the team will meet regularly to assess developments, plan strategies and ensure there is a cohesive and joined up approach to the work of each agency.
- Provide support to children, families and other professionals to meet family need and reduce chronic/acute exploitation and exploitation risks to children.
- The disruption of CE activity is to be targeted & intelligence leads gained to prosecute perpetrators.
- You will lead a team of professionals, with indirect responsibility for others within assigned groups.
- You will be responsible for performance management and quality assurance within the team.
- Ensuring that the team contributes to Children, Young People and Learning Directorate's priorities and maintains good outcomes for children.
- You will contribute to the development and shape the future of the team.
- You will contribute to and support the development of practice, policies and procedures within the operational team.
Requirements of a Team Manager:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience of work across Safeguarding and Child Protection along with Team Management experience
- A valid UK Driving Licence and vehicle is preferred
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Umbrella pay rate: £45.00-£47.50
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!