Locum Social Worker - Building Practice Team
- Posted 28 February 2023
- Salary £40.00 - £42.00 per hour
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameJordan Peat
A Private Organisation in Berkshire is on the lookout for a Senior Social Worker to join their Building Practice Team.
This is a Locum Social Work role for 6-12 Months.
This new team will be made up of a Team Manager and three operational Senior Social Workers.
The team will have a child focus in key areas of practice and will work in a peripatetic manner, moving between areas of improvement and demand.
They will also support key transformation projects requiring them to report into senior management level meetings.
Benefits for you as a Senior Social Worker:
- Pay Rate: £40.00-£42.00 per hour
- Chance to enhance your CV - New Improvement Team!
- Easily accessible by Car or Public Transport
Your responsibilities as a Senior Social Worker:
- Knowledge/application of the legal framework and assessment process in Children's Social Care
- Knowledge/understanding of the values/principles underpinning the involvement of children/young people/families/carers, including the right to access independent advocacy and complaints processes
- Knowledge/application of social work interventions in more than one area of practice
- Ability to gather/assess information to inform judgement in complex situations and in response to challenge, clearly reporting and recording analysis
- Ability to use a range of interventions effectively and evaluate them in practice to ensure the correct outcomes are achieved
- Specialist knowledge of one or more key issues affecting children and their families, e.g. Domestic Abuse, Mental Health, Radicalisation, Neglect, Contextual Safeguarding (desirable)
- Acceptance/commitment to the principles of human rights/equality and how they underpin practice
Requirements of you as a Senior Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience in CP, CIN and LAC
- A valid UK driving licence and car is essential to this role
Umbrella pay rate: £40.00-£42.00 per hour
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details.
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!