A Local Authority in Norfolk are looking for a Senior Social Worker to join their The Kinship Assessment and Enhanced Team. This is a Locum Social Work role.
The team are committed to improving their services for the children and families in Norfolk that they support.
You will join at a key time on their journey. The work includes driving forward the Councils implementation of the Flourish Model - 'a place for every Child to Flourish'.
The Kinship Care Team offer an assessment and support service to kinship carers (including Connected Persons, Foster Carers and Special Guardians), who offer permanence for children who are not able to remain in the care of their birth parents.
Benefits for you as a Kinship Social Worker:
- Competitive Pay Rate Up To: £45.00p/h
- Home Working Available
- Chance to enhance your CV Skill set
Your responsibilities as a Kinship Social Worker:
- Ability to complete the Kinship Assessments, Initial Viability Assessments, Special Guardianship Order Assessments for Court
- Connected Persons Assessments for Fostering Panel
- Able to analyse and interpret complex information and data, prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision.
- Able to work in partnership with carers, colleagues, and external agencies to deliver an effective service.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format, including the ability to explain complicated information to a wide range of people and use negotiation and persuasion skills to encourage others to adopt a course of action they may not wish to take.
- Knowledge of theoretical Social Work concepts and practices, with demonstrable examples of dealing with a breadth of complex issues and situations
- A good understanding of anti-oppressive, anti-discriminatory and anti-racist practice in social work.
- Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload of complex cases.
Requirements of you as a Kinship Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience of work within Fostering, SGO, Kinship
- A valid UK Driving Licence and vehicle is required
Location: County Hall, Norwich
Umbrella Pay Rate: £45.00 per hour
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!