London Borough of Lambeth is looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer to join their Quality Assurance Team.
This is a Locum Social Work role.
The Independent Reviewing Team provides a vital quality assurance role for Children Looked after by London Borough of Lambeth.
The team provides an integral part in Children Social Care's journey to 'Good' by providing IRO oversight and positive challenge to all Looked After Care Plans, in order to achieve good outcomes for vulnerable children and young people cared for by the authority.
The Key to success in this roles is to have in depth knowledge of child protection and looked after children and the ability to oversee and scrutinise care plans where necessary.
Benefits for you as an IRO:
- Highly competitive pay rate of £38.00 per hour
- Home and flexible working available
- Easily accessible via car or public transport
- Chance to enhance your CV
Your responsibilities as an Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Involvement in LAC reviews
- Ability to provide knowledge and guidance to colleagues regarding LAC and CP proceedings
- Legislation and Process knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and therefore correctly advocate for them
Requirements of you as an IRO:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience of Quality Assurance, IRO Work
- A valid UK driving licence and car is essential to this role
Location: Lambeth, London
Umbrella pay rate: £38.00 per hour
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details.
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!