Locality and CHAD Principal Social Worker
Office Base: South Wales
Salary: up to £48,516
A South Wales Local Authority are looking to recruit a Locality and CHAD Principal Social Worker.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the service which puts the individual at the heart of their work.
As the Principal Social Worker you will have the opportunity to develop the practice of others within the team through joint working and supervision whilst also leading by example as case-holder for those children with more complex needs who require the expertise of an experienced and skilled practitioner.
What is offered to you as a Locality and CHAD Principal Social Worker:
- Up to £48,516basic salary
- With effect from 1st April 2022, this role attracts a market supplement of £5,000 (full time equivalent). This payment is reviewed on a 12 monthly basis.
- A generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days per year to a maximum of 32 days per year after 5 years, with the option to purchase additional annual leave to a maximum of 10 days.
- Their working culture is flexible, with a flexi scheme allowing you to work to a schedule that suits you
- Hybrid working - supporting you to flexibly deliver your role whether on visits, from an office or your home
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), offering a reputable, secure and flexible pension plan for peace of mind.
Your responsibilities as a Locality and CHAD Principal Social Worker:
- To take a lead in using the Signs of Safety approach to social work practice
- To encourage and support the team in adopting the Signs of Safety approach
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective systems to ensure quality services to children in need and their families
- Support the Team Manager in the identification of trends on unmet or inappropriately met needs to contribute to the annual planning and commissioning process
- Take responsibility for complex and demanding cases, to assist people to resolve major difficulties in their lives and enhance their independence and coping skills
- Provide a consultation role on practice issues for staff and, where appropriate, managers
Requirements of you as Locality and CHAD Principal Social Worker:
- Have a relevant professional qualification in Social Work.
- Registration with the Care Council for Wales or equivalent
- To, as a statutory duty, adhere to the Council's Corporate Safeguarding Policy and associated policies and procedures and to report concerns regarding the safety and wellbeing of children or adults at risk. In order to support you in this, you are required to access safeguarding training at the level which is relevant to this post.
What do you get from working with me?
- CV enhancement
- Application form enhancement
- Access to many jobs in the market
- I am a dedicated consultant that will work endlessly to assure the whole process is a smooth running as possible
- Interview preparation assistance
- Expert consultation
- Questions answered
- Offer negotiation
I am also offering a referral bonus of £250.00 to anyone who refers a social work professional to our agency that is successfully placed.
Please feel free to contact me anytime on 07425 728 375 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the above or other opportunities that you would like me to seek for you.