Local Authority Designated Officer
- Posted 28 April 2023
- Salary Up to £50 per hour
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameGeorge Taphouse
A Local Authority in Swindon is looking for a Designated LADO to join their Children Services.
This is a Locum Social Work role.
The ideal Social Worker will have knowledge and experience working as a Designated LADO in a Local Authority.
The Key to success in this roles is to be able to undertake all LADO statutory functions, training and development work on LADO, chair CP conferences
Benefits for you as a LADO:
- Competitive rate of £38-£42 per hour
- Easily accessible via car or public transport
- Great opportunity to enhance your CV skill set
Your responsibilities as a Designated LADO:
- Be involved in the management and oversight of individual cases of allegations of abuse made against those who work with children.
- Give advice and guidance to employers and voluntary organisations;
- Liaise with the Police and other agencies,
- Monitor the progress of cases to ensure that they are dealt with as quickly as possible
- Be consistent with a thorough and fair process.
Requirements of you as a LADO:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience of LADO,CP Chair
- A valid UK driving licence and car is essential to this role
Umbrella pay rate: £50 per hour
PAYE payment options available also
Why Charles Hunter Associates?
- You will work with your own dedicated consultant whose main concern is your career, and consultants that have sector knowledge and experience
- Referral Bonus Scheme of £250 if you refer a "friend" or "colleague" looking for work
If you are interested in this application and wish to apply please follow the application instructions stated on the website, or alternatively you can contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to George Taphouse 0118 948 5555 / 07436 399 975