IRO and CP Chair
- Posted 04 May 2023
- Salary £40478 - £43516 per annum + Amazing Benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameDavid Walsh
A Local authority are looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer and Child Protection Chair
The Independent Reviewing Officer and Child Protection Conference chair is a dual role, where you will be responsible for reviewing the Care and Support Plans of Children Looked After, as well chairing Child Protection Conferences. There are opportunities to work flexibly in line with Cardiff's flexible working policy.
The main duties of the post holder will be to ensure you are focussed on needs of children and ensuring they are addressed, minimising drift and checking the consistency of care planning and decision-making.
Benefits for you as a Child Protection Chair & Independent Reviewing Officer:
- A generous annual leave entitlement
- Their working culture is flexible, with a flexi scheme allowing you to work to a schedule that suits you
- Hybrid working
- Competitive Salary
- Manageable caseloads
Your responsibilities as a Child Protection Chair & Independent Reviewing Officer:
- To ensure that children/young people are consulted and participate in their looked after children reviews, conferences and meetings
- To ensure that children's rights are adequately addressed
- Chair multi-agency looked after children reviews and child protection conferences ensuring that statutory processes/procedures are followed.
- To chair other meetings as and when required such as complex strategy meetings in defined circumstances.
- To ensure that the minutes and records of meetings are accurate, meet statutory and legal requirements and are available and distributed within the required timescales.
- To undertake management reviews of individual cases as and when required and to audit cases on themes identified to ensure quality and safety or practice.
Requirements of you as a Child Protection Chair & Independent Reviewing Officer:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A Social Work England registration
- Experience of chairing complex meetings.
- An understanding of the AFA Cymru 'Practice Standards and Good Practice Guide' and the Wales Safeguarding Procedures further outline the IRO and role of the Child Protection Conference Chair.
- Supervisory/management experience.
- Expert knowledge of current and relevant child care legislation, guidance and procedures.
Salary: up to £43,516 p.a. + Benefits
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact me on 07425 728 375 or email@example.com.