A Local Authority in Dorset, with a 'Good' OFSTED rating is looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer within Children's Social Work to join their team on a locum bases, offering a competitive pay rate of up to £45 per hour.
Benefits for you as an Independent Reviewing Officer:
- A competitive pay rate of up to £45 per hour
- Flexible hybrid working.
- Additional benefits
Responsibilities for you as an Independent Reviewing Officer:
- To ensure that children in need of protection and children who are looked after are receiving an effective service of high professional standard
- Chair Child Protection conference and Looked after child reviews, ensuring that conferences are child centred and all professionals, children, young people and families are given the opportunity to participate
- Monitor the activity of the Local Authority as corporate parent in ensuring that care plans have been given proper consideration and weight to the child's wishes and feelings and that, where appropriate, the child fully understands the implications of any changes made to his/her plan
- Ensure that the Child Protection plans and care plans for Looked After Children are based on a detailed and informed assessment, are up to date, effective and provide a real and genuine response to individual need and ensure the prevention of 'drift' in planning.
- Provide a quality assurance function in relation to the quality of assessments, plans and achieving permanence for children subject to Child Protection plans and plans for Children Looked After
Requirements of you as an Independent Reviewing Officer:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Full UK driving licence.
- Experience in Looed After Children, Child Protection, and Children in Need teams.
Charles Hunter Associates are the UK's leading specialist Social Work recruitment agency with years of experience in the Social Work sector.
If you are interested in this role APPLY NOW by following instruction on this website, or by contacting Joseph Servaes at email@example.com / 07533040465.
If this role is not what you are looking for, but you are interested in another role, don't hesitate to contact me as I have Social Worker roles of all levels across London, Southeast and Southwest.
We also offer a referral bonus of £250 so if you know anyone who may be interested, please get in touch.