A Kent-based Local Authority are looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer. This role is a 22 hours per week, and permanent position. As the Independent Reviewing Officer, you will be ensuring the provision of an efficient service to children and young people in need of protection.
You will be joining this local authority's vision on supporting children to make them feel safe and secure. As the ideal Independent Reviewing Officer will need an understanding of family court proceedings. You will need to be committed and have the drive to match this Local Authority's ambitions.
Benefits for you as the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- 27 Days Annual leave
- Car Allowance
- Retention Payment - £3,000
- Career Progression Scheme
- Relocation Scheme
- Additional Benefits
Your responsibilities as the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Ensure efficient and effective inter-agency work
- Challenge actions and interventions that are not delivering the required outcomes for children and young people
- Comply with statutory guidance by providing independent reviews of looked after children
- Chair complex case conferences and review meetings
Requirements of you as the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid registration with Social Work England
- Significant experience of with children and young people
- Experience in a management position
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Salary: up to £57,000
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Tom McKenna on 07587 031100 or email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this position isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!