London Borough of Havering is looking for a Senior Social Worker to join their Children's Disabilities Service.
This is a Full Time Locum Social Work role.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about keeping disabled children and young people safe, helping them to achieve and supporting them and their families.
You will be carrying out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multi-agency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships.
Benefits for you as a CWD Social Worker:
- Pay Rate: £37.00p/h
- Work from Home available
- Easily accessible via car or public transport
- Chance to enhance your CV and Skillset
Your responsibilities as a CWD Social Worker:
- Manage complex caseloads, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs and assessments, care planning, child protection investigations (CIN, LAC, CP, Court, Short Breaks).
- You will have a key role in ensuring social work contribution to Education, Health and Care plans, delivery of short breaks and participation in preparing for adulthood.
- You will have a recognised Social Work qualification and post-qualification training, as well as excellent knowledge of current policy and practice.
- You will have experience of working with disabled children with knowledge of Child Protection, Looked After Children and Child In Need Procedures.
- In addition you will need to evidence working directly with disabled children in supporting them to express their wishes and feelings and to participate in decision making to ensure compliancy with the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- Your outstanding communication skills will be coupled with a proven ability to work collaboratively with multi agency partners and develop effective working relationships with a wide range of service providers.
Requirements of you as a CWD Social Worker:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience of work within CWD or CIN/CP, LAC
- A valid UK Driving Licence and vehicle is required
Location: Havering, London
Umbrella pay rate: £37.00p/h
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!