Children Residential Support Worker- SEMH
- Posted 26 February 2023
- Salary £28000 - £28500 per annum + Holiday Pay + Pension
- Job type Temporary / Shift Work
- DisciplineSocial Care
- Contact NameFrancesca Keates
We are looking for passionate, dedicated and reliable Children Residential Support Worker- SEMH to join our close-knit and supportive team.
As a Children Residential Support Worker- SEMH you will be based within a 3-bed childrens home based in Bournemouth, Dorset. You will support individuals aged 16-18 years with social, emotional and mental health needs including backgrounds of trauma on a 1-1 basis alongside 1 other support worker and a senior member of staff.
You will need to be comfortable with dealing with challenging behaviours (mainly verbal) and be expected to encourage good communication, positive relationships, independance and emotional support to the young people.
Daily tasks will include general housekeeping duties, maintaining family contact, developing life skills, keeping the young people safe.
4 week rolling rota in advance and a 24 hour shift pattern: 09:00am-23:00pm + sleep in + up until 09:30am.
Benefits to you as a Children Residential Support Worker- SEMH:
- Progression opportunities
- Enrolement onto a NVQ level 4 course after completion of a 6 month probationary period.
- Internal training provided
- Team meetings
- Permanent opportunity available after 12 weeks
- Free training
- Weekly pay
Requirements for you as a Children Residential Support Worker- SEMH:
- Have a caring and positive attitude (wearing a smile even if under pressure)
- Experience working with a similar age group or social care setting.
- Resilient and reliable
- Full UK Drivers License and access to transportation
Pay rates - £10.25 per hour + holiday pay + £65.00 per sleep in.
When you complete the 12 weeks you will transfer to an annual salary of up to £28,500.00 per year + overtime rates.
If this Children Residential Support Worker- SEMH opportunity in Bournemouth, Dorset sounds like something of interest, please apply now!
Alternatively, if you would like to find out more about this role and similar social care opportunities please contact Francesca on the Charles Hunter Associates website.